Managed by: Social Performance Task Force (SPTF) and Central American and Caribbean Microfinance Network (REDCAMIF).
Purpose of the responsible and inclusive finance facility : to strengthen the social performance management (SPM) practices, including client protection practices of ﬁnancial service providers (FSPs) in Central America and the Caribbean.
RIFF-CAC offers trainings, co-finances FSP evaluations and upgrade projects and develops new resources.
• Trainings. Offered free of charge to participants.
1) Intro to responsible inclusive finance, focusing on the Universal Standards and SPI4;
2) Training potential auditors and FSPs on the use of the SPI4 social audit tool; and
3) Training to technical assistance (TA) providers on client protection or other SPM topics.
• Co-financing. The Facility will reimburse 50% of the cost of any of the following activities:
1) External SPI4 assessment plus creation of an action plan;
2) Smart assessment or Smart Certification;
3) Upgrade project chosen by the FSP to improve SPM practices; or
4) Social rating
• New resources.
1) Improve and expand the existing SPTF database of TA providers; and
2) Develop new resources based on demand, such as case studies, videos, or tools.
Under the auspices of : Swiss Development and Cooperation (SDC) supports the Facility’s projects in Central America and Mexico, while the European Investment Bank (EIB) supports projects in the Caribbean.
Access here to download the material